2022 has again seen a number of fantastic achievements for the Surpass Community. In our new video, we reflect on some highlights and developments in the assessment industry over the last 12 months.
Highlights included the 15th Annual Surpass Conference, the inaugural Surpass Innovation Award and fantastic examples of collaboration between Community members. You can request access to watch selected presentations on the Conference website or read the highlights in our ‘Seven themes from the Surpass Conference’ article.
It’s been another prize-winning year for the Surpass team too, featuring at number 20 in the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Yorkshire 2022, and the Surpass User Documentation website winning a Merit Award at the 2022 UK Technical Communication Awards.
Other highlights included:
- telc Language tests were the subject of our case study on ‘Expanding language assessment across 24 languages’, which we presented together at this year’s E-ATP conference.
- City & Guilds and NCFE collaborated to bring UK functional skills exams fully on-screen, using the exclusive Customizable Question Type framework in Surpass. This innovative technology allows you to rapidly create brand new question types, simulations and Technology Enhanced Items, without being tied to a software release cycle.
- The 180 new features added to Surpass, included the amazing Diagram Creator – one of a range of innovative new item types that present your question authors with full control over what a test-taker sees, and lets you decide whether candidates complete their answer from a blank slate or use a part-filled example.
- Quality webinars included guests from the Bar Standards Board describing their experiences with our new candidate booking system, Scheduler, and the British Council bringing their expertise in LOFT and future testing technologies to the Surpass Community.
- Finally, we’re very proud to announce that we are continuing our commitment to the environment by establishing a cross-team committee who will measure and improve our environmental impact.
Thank you to the Surpass Community who have helped make 2022 a successful year, as we keep improving assessment together.
New to Surpass? Discover more about our software and services mentioned in the video: