End-to-end assessment solutions
Used by awarding organizations, test publishers, IT companies, educational institutions, and national government bodies, Surpass lets you efficiently create and validate tests for secure delivery across multiple platforms.
With Surpass, you’ll have the confidence and control you need over your assessment program.
- With over 40 million high-stakes tests delivered to date, the Surpass Platform powers the development and delivery of tests for credentialing organizations, universities and government bodies across the world.
- With profits going back into development to support the needs of the Surpass Community, you can trust that you’re getting the best solution available.
With Surpass you can:
- Plug any vendors or partners into our flexible end-to-end assessment solution.
- Stay in control of your item bank and items, whoever writes items or assembles your test forms. Choose from partners such as Alpine Testing, Dainis & Co and DRC.
- Use our global test center network for session-based and on-demand testing, plus innovative remote proctoring solutions, give you the flexibility to expand your candidate reach. Or deliver into leading providers such as Pearson VUE, Prometric, British Council and many more.
- Use Surpass technology and services with bespoke options, or our Surpass Assessment Management Service can look after the whole process for you.
- Find the best fit: you can use the Surpass test driver with a number of leading online proctoring providers, including Meazure Learning and ProctorExam.
”“The Surpass Platform has allowed MLA to deliver digital English proficiency tests at our Authorized Test Centers as well as expand into using Prometric’s test centers and online proctoring services.”Michigan Language Assessment
Control as much as you want to
- Software as a Service (SaaS) means that, unlike some other major providers, we empower you to take control of your own testing. Our services are on hand if you want help with test creation, or don’t have capacity, but you can decide what you control.
Secure and trusted data
- Surpass ensures your data is stored securely in segregated databases.
- The Surpass Platform is certified with ISO/IEC 27001:2013, an international standard in establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
- You’ll also benefit from secure multi-device & paper test delivery options – plus with our new tablet app, you can access a secure browser that works on iPads, as well as PCs.
- A regular program of product enhancements that are defined by the Surpass Community is at the heart of open-platform Surpass.
- Agile development in Surpass means reduced waiting times for new features and upgrades and the prioritisation of feature developments according to your needs.
- Our User Experience (UX) design team are involved throughout, to make your experience of using Surpass as intuitive as possible.
- Surpass Copilot, our new AI feature, is an option you can request to help item authors create distractors for Multiple Choice Question items.
- Access to standards setting technology directly within the Surpass Platform, to calculate cut scores – apply the Angoff method as well as modified Angoff ratings to items for a seamless and efficient process.
- A standout new feature in the Surpass Platform is the Customizable Question Type framework, allowing organizations to create and upload their own new question types outside of the regular Surpass release cycle.
- Surpass customers can sponsor development to tailor Surpass to their exact requirements.
- The Surpass Platform offers ‘self-publish’ functionality – allowing you to automatically transfer item and test content and configurations from an item bank into our integrated test driver without any manual export or import processes. All formatting, presentation and layout will render exactly as authored in the item bank.
”"When we saw Surpass, we were really excited about it! It was a full web-based solution. It didn’t require that users install anything on their machines, so that made it much easier to use and all the features were designed to be intuitive. Without any formal training, an item author could go in and start using Surpass to create items."NBME (National Board of Medical Examiners)
Outstanding Surpass Community
- An ever-growing Surpass Community lets you share expertise and benefit from a collaborative assessment community.
- The yearly Surpass Conference is a great opportunity to connect with like-minded assessment professionals, share ideas, and determine the future direction of examination technology, accessibility etc.
Unparalleled customer support
- Surpass customers benefit from excellent support and training as part of onboarding, ranging from comprehensive online help and knowledge banks via a dedicated portal, to customizable remote product training.
- There’s tailored support for your assessment program with our test development services. Technology and psychometric experts work with you for successful test production, item analysis and more.
- Our US Office customer success team has tripled in size over the past 12 months to support the rapidly growing Surpass Community across North America.
- Or company, staff, and the Surpass Platform have won local, national and international awards, reflecting the quality of our product and people. These include the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, and Gold Stevie American Business Awards.