End-to-end assessment solutions
Used by awarding organisations, test publishers, educational institutions, and national government bodies, Surpass lets you efficiently create and validate tests for secure delivery across multiple platforms.
With Surpass, you’ll have the confidence and control you need over your assessment programme.
- With over 35 million high-stakes tests delivered to date, the Surpass Platform powers the development and delivery of tests for credentialing organisations, universities and government bodies across the world.
- With profits going back into development to support the needs of the Surpass Community, you can trust that you’re getting the best solution available.
With Surpass you can:
- Plug any internal or partner systems into our flexible end-to-end assessment solution.
- Stay in control of your item bank and items, regardless of who writes items or assembles your test forms.
- Use our global test centre network for session-based and on-demand testing, plus innovative remote invigilation solutions, give you the flexibility to expand your candidate reach. Or deliver into your current test centre network.
- Use Surpass technology and services with bespoke options, or our Surpass Assessment Management Service can look after the whole process for you.
- Find the best fit: you can use the Surpass test driver with a number of leading online invigilation providers, including Examity, ProctorU and ProctorExam.
”“The Surpass Platform will enable us to develop very sophisticated custom item types that will allow us to transition our exams from paper to on-screen and reach all schools across the Caribbean.”Caribbean Examinations Council
Control as much as you want to
- Software as a Service (SaaS) means that, unlike some other major providers, we empower you to take control of your own testing. Our services are on hand if you want help with test creation, or don’t have capacity, but you can decide what you control.
Secure and trusted data
- Surpass ensures your data is stored securely in segregated databases.
- The Surpass Platform is certified with ISO/IEC 27001:2013, an international standard in establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
- You’ll also benefit from secure multi-device & paper test delivery options – plus with our new tablet app, you can access a secure browser that works on iPads, as well as PCs.
- A regular programme of product enhancements that are defined by the Surpass Community is at the heart of open-platform Surpass.
- Agile development in Surpass means reduced waiting times for new features and upgrades and the prioritisation of feature developments according to your needs.
- Our User Experience (UX) design team are involved throughout, to make your experience of using Surpass as intuitive as possible.
- Access to standards setting technology directly within the Surpass Platform, to calculate your pass marks – apply the Angoff method as well as modified Angoff ratings to items for a seamless and efficient process.
- A standout new feature in the Surpass Platform is the Customisable Question Type framework, allowing organisations to create and upload their own new question types outside of the regular Surpass release cycle.
- Surpass customers can sponsor development to tailor Surpass to their exact requirements.
”"Our Clinicians, who produce our question items, do not have time to learn a complex IT process, but we knew we could just give them access to [the Surpass Platform] and they would have no problems creating questions."Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
Outstanding Surpass Community
- An ever-growing Surpass Community lets you share expertise and benefit from a collaborative assessment community.
- The yearly Surpass Conference is a great opportunity to connect with like-minded assessment professionals, share ideas, and determine the future direction of examination technology, accessibility etc.
Unparalleled customer support
- Surpass customers benefit from excellent support and training as part of implementation, ranging from comprehensive online help and knowledge banks via a dedicated portal, to customisable remote product training.
- There’s tailored support for your assessment programme with our test development services. Technology and psychometric experts work with you for successful test production, item analysis and more.
- Our company, staff, and the Surpass Platform have won local, national and international awards, reflecting the quality of our product and people. These include the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, and Gold Stevie American Business Awards.