The Surpass team recently hosted the latest Surpass webinar, on Tuesday 5 April.
Kat from the Surpass training team, and host Ben Brady, explained the new and improved features in the 12.29 release, including UX improvements to layouts in ‘Item Authoring’, and a new ‘Duplicate Item’ functionality in Tasks.
Watch the recording here, and read on for an overview of the key features that were discussed.
- Item comments and enemy item information are now located in the right-hand panel of the Item Authoring screen.
- Improvements to Multiple Choice delivery: Supporting content can now be added so that it appears in a two-column layout for Multiple Choice questions (MCQs).
- Improvements to how tag collections are displayed in the Item Authoring screen.
- More than one tool can now be added to a single item.
- Improvements to Essay item type: the size of the Essay item response box can now be customised by defining the number of lines in the answer box.
- Users can now create item and item set duplicates (successors) within Review tasks using a new Duplicate Item button.
- The way permissions are checked each time the Invigilate screen is loaded has been optimised.
- Updating test form sections using the API now responds quicker.
- The Subjects page now takes less time to load.
- Deleting items from the Media Library now performs more quickly.
1m 48: Items comments and enemy item information are now in the right-hand panel.
8m 47: Supporting content can be added in a two-column layout for MCQs.
12m 51: More than one tool can be added to a single item.
18m 05: The size of the Essay item response box can be customised.
22m 43: items and item sets can be duplicated within Review tasks using a new Duplicate Item button.
QUESTION: How many characters can be added per line, in the Essay item type?
ANSWER: It depends on screen resolution. The maximum number of lines is up to 50, and you can set this.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about the features mentioned in this webinar, or any other features within Surpass, please get in touch with your account manager. If you are not yet a member of the Surpass Community, please contact us.Get in Touch Sign up for future events