The Surpass team recently hosted the latest Surpass webinar, on Tuesday 5 April.
Kat from the Surpass training team, and host Ben Brady, explained the new and improved features in the 12.29 release, including UX improvements to layouts in ‘Item Authoring’, and a new ‘Duplicate Item’ functionality in Tasks.
Watch the recording here, and read on for an overview of the key features that were discussed.
- Item comments and enemy item information are now located in the right-hand panel of the Item Authoring screen.
- Improvements to Multiple Choice delivery: Supporting content can now be added so that it appears in a two-column layout for Multiple Choice questions (MCQs).
- Improvements to how tag collections are displayed in the Item Authoring screen.
- More than one tool can now be added to a single item.
- Improvements to Essay item type: the size of the Essay item response box can now be customised by defining the number of lines in the answer box.
- Users can now create item and item set duplicates (successors) within Review tasks using a new Duplicate Item button.
- The way permissions are checked each time the Invigilate screen is loaded has been optimised.
- Updating test form sections using the API now responds quicker.
- The Subjects page now takes less time to load.
- Deleting items from the Media Library now performs more quickly.
1m 48: Items comments and enemy item information are now in the right-hand panel.
8m 47: Supporting content can be added in a two-column layout for MCQs.
12m 51: More than one tool can be added to a single item.
18m 05: The size of the Essay item response box can be customised.
22m 43: items and item sets can be duplicated within Review tasks using a new Duplicate Item button.
QUESTION: How many characters can be added per line, in the Essay item type?
ANSWER: It depends on screen resolution. The maximum number of lines is up to 50, and you can set this.