Note: Surpass Assessment is now the company name for BTL and BTL Surpass.
The Surpass team recently hosted the 12.30 pre-release webinar, on Tuesday 12 July.
Elaine from the Surpass Training team and host Rosie Sweeney explained the new and improved features in the 12.30 release, including User Experience (UX) improvements in ‘Item Authoring’ and performance improvements for Surpass users.
Watch the recording here, and read on for an overview of the key features that were discussed.
- Citations and Item Lists are now in the right-hand panel, for a better user experience.
- You can now choose the balanced computer marking type for Drag and Drop if your tests require that candidates will not lose marks when an option is placed in the wrong drop zone.
- New Drag and Drop item enhancements include the ability to add subscript/superscript and symbols in answer options.
- Elaine gave an overview of how Tasks functionality works, ahead of a dedicated Tasks webinar on 19 July.
- The Launch Test page has been optimised to improve user experience by defaulting to the most popular delivery options, while still allowing users to easily select others.
- Our Product Communications Manager, Jack, explained upgrades to the help options for Surpass users.
- Emma from the Training team showcased the new Surpass Learning site, which replaces the Learning Portal.
You can skip to these timecodes on the video to watch each topic.
1m: User experience updates to the RH panel in Item Authoring
2m 02: Item authoring update, in drag and drop items
5m 01: Shared text in Item Authoring
6m 37: Upgrades to the help options for Surpass users (video)
8m 47: Surpass Learning, the new learning platform (video)
12m 17: Launch test page visuals
12m 57: Improvements and features in ‘Tasks’ functionality.