Ashleigh Whittle from the Surpass team and host Paddy McLaughlin explained the new features and updates in the 12.34 release on 28 November.
- Surpass Copilot, our new AI feature, is now an option you can request to help your item authors create distractors for Multiple Choice Question items.
- Tag values can now be assigned to an item from the new Tag Hierarchy option created and defined by subject administrators, a more context-driven way for SMEs to select tag values.
- Item sets can now be previewed when viewing an item set within Item Authoring, so you can see how an item set’s content appears to candidates.
- Authoring tasks can be configured to allow task assignees to create new items directly into a specified subject, for a more flexible item writing Tasks experience for SMEs.
- One tag group can now be set as a subject’s ‘featured tag group’, making the visibility of your favourite Tags (all tag values in the featured tag group that are assigned to items) more prominent in Item Authoring and Tasks.
- A new automatic item naming capability allows new items in Surpass to be created with a user-defined prefix and unique system-generated suffix.