These policies apply to all Surpass and BTL websites.
Last updated 26th June 2020.
BTL reserves the right to change this policy from time to time (including without limit details of the cookies used). Where BTL chooses to include more or different cookies in the future, BTL will ask website users to click on an updated cookies consent box that refers to updated information in this cookies policy.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our website.
We may use the following types of cookies:
The further information section below identifies first party cookies (cookies used by BTL) and third party cookies (that is, other organisation’s cookies) used in connection with BTL websites.
Generally cookies will make your browsing experience better.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this and other BTL websites. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
If you block all cookies (including essential cookies) in your browser settings you may not be able to access all or parts of this website or other BTL websites.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Description and Purpose||Session or Persistent||First/Third Party|
(_utma, _utmb,_utmc, _utmz, _ga,_gat)
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
We use the information to compile reports about the use of our website, and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited.
|Persistent for up to 2 years||Third Party|
|HotJar||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
|WordPress||WordPress cookie for a logged in user. This is used to remember the user’s login details if they have an account for the BTL network of sites.||Session and persistent for up to 2 years||First Party|
|YouTube||To provide analytics information regarding how the video was viewed.||Persistent||Third Party|
Last updated 4th November 2020.
We are BTL. Depending on where you are, your BTL group company contact is BTL Surpass Inc of 224 Valley Creek Boulevard, Suite 210, Exton, PA, 19341, USA, or BTL Group Limited of Salts Mill, Victoria Road, Saltaire, Shipley, BD18 3LF, United Kingdom. We are a data controller of the marketing and other contact information that we collect from individuals.
If you agree to be on and to remain on our contact list, from time to time we will send you:
The legal basis of our processing of your contact information is consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Categories of personal data that we hold about you are typically name, email address and details that relate to your professional job role.
We use Mailchimp to send our marketing communications. Mailchimp is a US company that has an appropriate safeguard mechanism in place for personal data processing which means that Mailchimp is obliged to protect BTL marketing information and use it only on BTL’s instructions.
We use other third party providers to help us to store and manage contact information, for example, Google LLC and Zapier Inc.
We ensure that all third party providers that we use have in place contracts for the protection of your contact information that oblige them to protect your contact information and use it only on BTL’s instructions. Where our third party providers are US companies, we ensure that they have an appropriate safeguard mechanism in place for personal data processing so that they are obliged to protect individuals’ contact information and use it only on BTL’s instructions.
We share marketing and contact information that we collect with our group companies for the purpose of making decisions about marketing strategy and lead generation. Where we share personal data with our US subsidiary, BTL Surpass Inc, we have in place an EU Model Clause Agreement that obliges our US subsidiary to protect your contact information and use it only on BTL’s instructions.
Our retention period for contact information is determined in the following way: for anyone who is not a customer and who has not clicked on or responded to any marketing emails from us within a timeframe of 2 years, we will remove your contact information from our database.
You have the right to have a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. In addition, you can ask us to rectify or reduce the amount of personal data that we hold about you, or can ask us to delete your personal data from our database. You can withdraw your consent to receive any marketing emails from us at any time. Where you wish to do this, please let us know by clicking on this link and unsubscribing.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK regulator), where you feel that we have misused or abused the treatment of your personal data.
You are not contractually obliged, or obliged by law, to provide any personal data to us. Where you do not provide your personal data to us, or withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data, we will not be able to send you information about BTL products or information about BTL related events.
We profile you in the following ways. We look at the sector that you work in, organisation’s name and the location and country where you work, with a view to us making contact with you more relevant. For example, if you are working in healthcare or financial services, we would
try to tailor our newsletters and invitations that we send to you so that they are more likely to be of interest to you. If you are a customer and are using a particular version of our Surpass product, we also aim to tailor our communications with you so that you receive information about the Surpass version which is most relevant to you. If you are interested in conferences, we look at your past conference attendances with a view to trying to suggest other meetings that you might be interested in attending.
Last updated 26th June 2020.
Your use of this website constitutes your unqualified agreement to accept and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
1. For the avoidance of doubt none of the information on this website constitutes an offer to contract in any country in which it is available.
2. Whilst we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors may occur. We cannot give any warranty or representation as to the accuracy of the information and do not accept responsibility for errors or omissions or for any action or decisions based on the information.
3. This website is owned by BTL Group Limited and is operated for the benefit of all BTL group companies. All content is protected by copyright and may not be used except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions without our prior written approval. We do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties.
4. You will not copy, adapt, download, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on this website in any way, save for the purpose of: enquiring about or requesting information relating to services featured on this website; or downloading and temporarily storing one or more of the pages of this website for the purpose of viewing, for your personal use only, on a personal computer or terminal. For the avoidance of doubt you will not be entitled to reproduce, permanently store, or retransmit any of the contents of this website without our prior written consent.
5. Your use of this website is at your risk. The information and materials provided on this website are of a general nature only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise).
6. We exclude all warranties, express or implied, relating to the information and materials on this website to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Whilst we try to keep our anti-virus software up-to-date we do not warrant that the website, its servers, downloadable files or e-mails which may be sent by us, are free from viruses or other harmful components.
8. You must not:
10. The trade marks, logos and service marks (collectively the Trade Marks) displayed on this website (whether registered or unregistered) are and shall remain the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this website shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on this website without the written permission of the relevant Trade Mark owner. Your misuse or infringement of any of the Trade Marks displayed on this website is strictly prohibited.
11. Any queries, feedback or comments you may have about this website should be submitted by emailing using the contact page.
13. You are responsible for obtaining an appropriate connection with a telecommunications provider in order to access this website.
14. You are responsible for the costs of all charges you incur in accessing and using this website.
15. These Terms and Conditions apply only to your use of this website. If you subscribe to any of the services described on this website we will ask you to agree to be bound by the terms of a separate agreement setting out the basis upon which such services will be provided.
16. If any of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of them.
17. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.