The Surpass team hosted the 12.31 pre-release webinar, on Tuesday 15 November.
Ari Flavell from the Surpass team and host Ben Brady explained the new features and updates in the 12.31 release, including the exciting Advanced Essay mode, alongside usability and accessibility improvements for Surpass users.
Watch the recording here, and read on for an overview of the key features that were discussed.
- The Advanced Essay item now allows for bespoke layout and formatting of questions.
- Media file types (e.g. video) can now be added to items as a shared resource between multiple questions.
- All Item key notes are now in the right-hand panels, for a better user experience.
- The Azeri language has been added to Surpass, bringing the total number of languages supported to 63.
- Test administrators can now add feedback to packaged computer-marked tests, for improved user experience.
- The Notepad tool joins an expanding panel of candidate tools (such as callipers and calculator) and allows test-takers to make notes during the exam without being marked on these.
- Ongoing accessibility improvements are helping to improve the test experience for everyone.
You can skip to these timecodes on the video to watch each topic.
2m 52: About the development of the Advanced Essay item type
4m 52: Demonstration of the Advanced Essay item type
8m 32: Media file types can be added as a shared resource
11m 38: Item settings in right-hand panel
15m 44: The Notepad tool
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about the features mentioned in this webinar, or any other features within Surpass, please get in touch with your account manager. If you are not yet a member of the Surpass Community, please contact us.Get in Touch Sign up for future events