Check you have the correct equipment
You also need to source appropriate equipment for your test, including a mobile device and a laptop or PC.
You will need a mobile device or tablet so that you can download the ProctorExam app. You will not be sitting the test on your mobile device. Instructions for downloading the app will be provided during the system check process, but firstly you need to make sure your device meets the right requirements.
- Android 4.1 or higher
- iOS (Apple) 8.0 or higher
- Video resolution must be minimum 800 x 600 px
- Ensure your mobile device can be plugged in for the duration of your test
- You might want to connect to WiFi so you don’t use up your data
You will need a laptop or PC to sit your test. Your default browser must be set to the latest version of Google Chrome.
Tip: Where possible, do not use a work laptop as certain admin permissions may block the use of the test software.
- Processor: 2.33GHz CPU
- RAM: 1GB
- Bandwidth – minimum 1mbps or higher upload speed, recommended 1.5mbps + upload speed, 10mbps download speed and ping under 25 ms’
- Tethering to the internet is not supported
- Operating System: Windows 8 or higher, Mac OS X or higher
- Web browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Webcam required – maximum resolution of 1280 x 720
- Microphone required
- Audio required
- If possible, turn off any updates on devices
- Do NOT use a separate headset or earphones
- Dual monitors are NOT permitted.
We do not allow computers running virtual machines. If you are running a virtual machine, you will be asked to close your virtual machine and boot into your operating system to take your test.
We do not support development previews, beta builds, or release candidates of any operating system unless specified.
Microphone and camera:
We recommend you test your microphone and camera. Select the link below to check your equipment.
Start the test by clicking the Start button at the top of the screen.
Please ensure that the camera and microphone check pass (signified by a green bar and a check mark).
If you do find that your webcam or microphone does not work, please see the below links that will assist in fixing this: